Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Unique and Specific

Pat Smith, Delta Beta Chapter in Florida, shared her ideas for strengthening the Society.

"1. We as an organization have to offer something that no other organization can. Otherwise, we continue to be repetitive and redundant. In other words, we MUST be set apart and unique.

2. We need to meet the specific needs of our young members as they are our future. In order to do this, they will have to share their needs.
 
I never heard of Delta Kappa Gamma until 2 years before I retired. I came into the organization to find stimulating higher level conversation concerning important issues in education. In retirement, I thought that would be sorely lacking.
 
Instead, I found a sisterhood of wonderful individuals and new, strong friendships. Maybe that was what I needed more than a 'brain boost'."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment