Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello again Blogging!

 This past weekend I was reminded of  a statement, "Communication is too important not to use every strategy available."
 
Since leaving DKG Society Headquarters in Austin, I have not been without things to do. In addition to a little rennovating, mowing lawns, cleaning fence rows and flower beds, and pressure washing my house and driveway, I have resumed my local civic and community responsibilities. I have also texted,  tweeted, used facebook, instagram, pinterest and even the What app. But, alas, my blogging went by the wayside.

Although I understood, during the two years I served as international president, that not one person sat with bated breath waiting for my next blog, I faced each attempt as a noble effort to reach 84,000 women educators in 17 member countries!  My saying goodbye to blogging, while going unnoticed by others, presented an incongruency for me.

Those of you who know me realize that I extol the value of using all types of social media to increase the visibilty of DKG, engage the XYZ generations, connect with seasoned mentors (baby boomers), and advocate for desirable educational policy. Because of that and my desire to walk my talk, I am returning to blogging!

So, hello again blogging. It is good to be back!






5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back - it's good to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading ding your blog. My favorite was the one to your grandson. It had a special meaning for all. Keep on blogging and I will keep on reading and learning. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, Margaret. You and Leroy are staying very busy!

      Delete